[pct-l] Ibuprofen

Susan Alcorn backpack45 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 4 10:55:07 CDT 2009

Thanks for calling our attention to the NYT article on Ibuprofen. I do take "Vitamin I" often when backpacking, but years ago I learned not to overdo it. After taking the recommended (by doctors) 800 mg (4 of the OTC pills), I was experiencing burning and pain in my stomach and intestines. Since that time, I have been very careful to avoid taking it on an empty stomach and I more carefully consider the dosage. The article offers info well worth considering. It goes down easily, but it's not candy!
Susan Alcorn

Shepherd Canyon Books, Oakland, CA
www.backpack45.com and backpack45.blogspot.com
http://www.examiner.com/x-11423-Bay-Area-Hiking-Examiner
Publishers of two award-winning books: Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago and We're in the Mountains Not over the Hill: Tales and Tips from Seasoned Women Backpackers.