[pct-l] The Pacific Crest Trail on horses in 1959

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Fri Oct 2 21:25:28 CDT 2009

This the online "Oregonian" story of the 1959 Thruhorse trip by June and Don
Mulford on the PCT. Just when we thought we all knew who had hiked the trail
way back when..., we learn someone hiked it long ago too.. On this 50th
anniversary of their horse trek, Barney "Scout" Mann is credited with the
interviews with June and writing their story, and kudos to Eric Ryback for
letting us know about the Mulford's trek at the ADZPCTKO'09. With Scout's
blessing, I scanned and tweaked their 1959 color slides for presentation in
the story. So catch up on some PCT history you probably never knew.
 http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2009/09/across_the_snowy_crest.htmlRead their story, check out the photos, click on screen, and enjoy the 50thanniversary of the Mulford's trek.