[pct-l] Question about training

Kea keahiker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 16:37:34 CDT 2009

2009/10/2 Paul Magnanti <pmags at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Long distance hiking is the only intense physical activity I know of where
> people advocate
> being a couch potato prior to the event.

If you don't "train" before a long-distance hike, then one can assume that
you don't really like hiking.  So then why the hell are you going to do a
long distance hike in the first place?

I like hiking.  I don't train.  But I walk 2-3 hours a day every day that I
am not hiking.  I then I hike at least one day a week and often go on 2 - 10
day trips.  The AT was just another hike.  The PCT will be just another
hike.  But then I love hiking.

Kea.