[pct-l] FLTs BEWARE!!! Marauding Trail Pirates Are Out Attempting to Befuddle Us...

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Nov 27 20:06:21 CST 2009

Lightning Rod writes: All fellow female  leadership-types should be on
alert:  Trail Pirates are on the loose,  trying random acts of kindness to
confuse and befuddle us.  Case in  point: A large bag full of this FLTs favorite
M&Ms were left on the  front porch of this FLT haven this afternoon, along
with a thoughtful and sweet  note.  Goodness only knows what they’re up to
this time!!!  They know  we FLTs are temporarily calmed by chocolate and with
a mouthful of peanut  M&Ms we can forget that those rotten scallywags could
be doing a million  other things beside trying to butter us up and be nice
to us.  They are up  to something!  Known for sacking trail towns and telling
off-color trail jokes,  these pirates are dangerous and cunning. They can
soften up even the most  hardened female leadership-type heart. It can happen
to you!   Beware!
Switchback replies: So true, so true.  I mean the part  about sacking trail
towns and telling super funny adult lite trail  stories.  Yes, Manyon Ed
and I were going to place the present on your  doorstep, ring the door bell,
and then run for the SUV to make our  getaway.  But you were not home, so we
only had to fight our way  through a pack of vicious raptors.  One of which
took a big piece out of my  lower back.  But I have had many an encounter
with a Bowie knife and PCT  grizzlies, so no big deal -- only a quart of blood
lost.

Manyon Ed and I explored Section D after  our visit.  Many exciting and
interesting sights were experienced.  We  even went down to the local Sweet
Water cafe and had lunch.

Say, by the way, I have never thought of you as a  Terminator Female
Leadership Type.  You have always struck me as  a sweet, demure, and shy hostess
with the  mostess.