[pct-l] PCT Forum Website Interest

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Tue Nov 24 11:31:05 CST 2009

How many do we need?

Besides this PCT-L, there are separate Yahoo groups for each year's class,
discussion boards on several PCT Facebook sites, and PCT forums at:

adventureonthepct.com
postholer.com
trailforums.com
whiteblaze.net
and others.

PCTA used to have one on their website, but no more.

There have also been a couple wikis.

What does a forum offer we don't get here already? And, this list is
archived at
and you can search it using Google by entering
site:*backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l*
before your search item, as in:

site:backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l water

But go for it if you want.

(I'm not sure why whitneyzone.com exists given the very active board at
whitneyportalstore.com, but understand there was some kind of a
misunderstanding. There was also a board at mtwhitney.info for a while, but
Richard took that down when the WPS board became more reliable.)

AsABat