[pct-l] Starting Date

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Nov 24 09:01:25 CST 2009

On Nov 24, 2009, at 12:10 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> The river crossings on the other hand can be EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.

Amen! There needs to be a river crossing class.

Seriously, I literally SWAM across some rivers in the Sierra. I was
there earlier than others. In my opinion, the trail crosses Falls
Creek in absolutely the wrong place. (But that's not the one I swam).

Also, a rain course would have helped me. Snow was annoying and
mentally exhausting, but not a big deal even for this snow newbie.
What I had trouble with was rain and pushing through wet leaves. It's
so depressing and wet.