[pct-l] Total Cost Of My 2009 Thru hike

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 21:14:37 CST 2009

I spent just under 5000 dollars to hike the PCT this year.
$1800 was Gear. I bought all new gear for the hike.
$450 was Food I bought and packaged for my 14 resupply points.
The remaining $2750 was spent on Food,  resupplies from town, Lodging, and transportation to and from the.. Trailheads. (Oh My God! I still owe Birdman for the subway in Vancouver!)
I could have done the hike for much less.
But of course "Hindsight is 20/20"!
I must say I would not change a thing.
I waited 18 years to hike the PCT so money was no object.
Anyhow, I am working my deriere off right now to stack some cash for the next adventure!
I am not suggesting anyone needs $5000 to do a hike.
That's just what I spent
And I had the time of my life!
Back to plumbing till I hit that imaginary amount and spend it all again on another thru hike!
YeeHaa!
Cheers Iceaxe(PCT09)

Sent from a Peek email device