[pct-l] Where to Retire

Jim Bravo jimbravo at wildblue.net
Wed Nov 18 15:55:36 CST 2009

Shepard:

I worked (and retired) in the Sierra Nevada foothills. We're south of Placerville, about 70 minutes from both Carson Pass and Echo Summit, and the PCT of course. We looked at a number of towns from Oakhurst (near the South entrance to Yosemite) all the way north to Grass Valley. If you stay around 2,000 ft elevation you'll be below the snow line and above the fog...it's a sun belt. Of course, it's the interior milieu, not the external, that brings one peace. But the external really helps! Best of luck.

Jim Bravo
section hiker
potential thru-hiker in 11