[pct-l] Thru Hiking Books

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Tue Nov 17 21:54:44 CST 2009

I want to second the suggestion of "A Thru Hikers Heart" as a Great read for the hike.
That book is so close to the feeling of a long distance hike.
I got mine at the ADZPCTCO 09 after a week on the trail.
Hey! Bonanza Jelly Bean put her used chapters of Desert Solitaire in the hiker box at KM... Thanks Bonanza! Edward Abbeys book Desert Solitaire is a good choice I think. ;)
I also would recommend your "Box Mailer" include a magazine in your resupply. I was the one putting the popular science magazines into the hiker box this year!
Of course every night pretty much everyone reads a Schaeffer,Half Mile, Eric the Black, Topo!, or.. (Yes!, no joke) FOREST SERVICE MAP! And the Yogi town guide of course!
Cheers-Iceaxe

Sent from a Peek email device