[pct-l] Great News for hikers with extensive backpacking experience

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Nov 11 19:40:46 CST 2009

Snow Bunny JMT Unsupported Reinhold writes: Yes, I can see the headlines already....for a once in a lifetime experience, "Experience the High Sierra" with Switchback, JMT Reinhold and Stephen.  I bet the phone will ring of the hook and we will be backlogged for a year or two.
Switchback replies: Say, this reminds me of my new PCT record setting attempt in the future.  I want to set the record for the most supported PCT thru-hike.  This will be too cool.  It will be lama and stock supported all the way.  Each night I will have a big picnic table set up with a red and white checkerboard table cloth.  On it will be steaks, fish, veggies, breads, hot butter, fine wines, ice cream, etc., etc., etc.  I will sit on a big padded chair.  I will sleep on a cot with a Dreamland sleeping pad.  Big fluffy pillows will cradle my head.  A 3-pound sleeping bag will cover me with warmth.  I will gain weight on the expedition.

The only problem I will have is to keep all the trail riff-raff and hiker trash away from my campsite.  I wonder if there is a hiker repellant I can deploy each evening before supper.