[pct-l] End of the World Expedtion

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 23:32:01 CST 2009

Reddirt2 writes: OK, sounds good.  Should we make it B.Y.O.R. (Bring your own rocks), or do you think there might still be some up there?  And to hell with permits !  It's the end after all...

As a side note, I suggested a few years back it might be nice to watch Mammoth Mountain blow from the White Mountains.  But because of the prevailing wind, we'll have to make that one B.Y.O.G.M (Bring your own gas mask)...
Gee, I miss all the fun posts at PCT.

As a side note, I suggested a few years back it might be nice to watch Mammoth Mountain blow from the White Mountains.  But because of the prevailing wind, we'll have to make that one B.Y.O.G.M (Bring your own gas mask)...
Gee, I miss all the fun posts at PCT.
Switchback replies: I love it.  This shows a good attitude and perspective.  I cannot wait until I pull into the Lone Pine ranger station and say, "I don't need no stinking permit."

And no bear canister either.  I noticed that this 2012 thing is getting a lot of traction.  There is going to be a big movie out about it called appropriately, "2012."

I think I will take Snicker's Bars instead of insulin on the hike to the top of Mt. Whitney in 2012.  Who cares?  Why worry?  Enjoy yourself.  I might run up my credit card in Lone Pine too before I go to the top.