[pct-l] After Action Hike Report - Tehachapi, CA

pam.bryant at cox.net pam.bryant at cox.net
Sun Nov 1 12:43:15 CST 2009

okay switchback here goes:

i backpacked from cottonwood to tehachapi-willow springs road (end of section E - end of southern california pct) last weekend. the pct signs were fantastic and we had no problems with the trail. by the tiger tank (page 87 from southern california pct atlas) it was *very* windy there for me. on the trail the winds were mild and then at the tiger tank it was crazy.

i saw a mountain lion as we were walking on the trail. it was very far away and not going in our direction. it was soooo cool. he was running and to see that was so magnificent.

then i day hiked from tehachapi-willow springs road to hwy 58. now there a lot of the signs were blown down as it is very windy (hence the wind farms). a very easy short hike of about 8 miles.

pam