[pct-l] End of Earth in 2012

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Nov 1 02:19:51 CST 2009

Yes, I remember reading back in the 1800's there were lots of predictions too.  And I think in the early part of the 20th century too.  Been that way all through history, I guess.

We should start the rumor that the end of the world will be in October 2012.  That way the 2012 PCT hiking season will be the last one.  And the ALDHA-West Gathering will be the last one too.  I hope the next one is at Lake Tahoe --- cool road trip up there.

Say, if I get a hold of the Glenn Dawson for a lunch in Pasadena, I will let you know.  You might want to come to it with Meadow Ed and me.  Glenn was with Norman Clyde on the 1931 first accent of the east face of Mt. Whitney.  He probably has some tails to tell about the Sierras, etc.  I bet he knew people who knew John Muir, etc.  Muir died in 1914, I think.

Cheers, Switchback