[pct-l] What Happened to L-Rod

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Mar 31 07:20:57 CDT 2009

Unsupported JMT Reinhold writes: Say, what happened to L-Rod? She has been awfully quiet.....perhaps she is busy rehearsing for the
ADZ? stage performance.
Lightning Rod replies: No, I was supporting the PCTA at Trail Fest . . .
Switchback comments: This is the kind of public service we need more of.??Plus, I fully support L-Rod's work ethic and dedication getting ready for the 2009 Herd at Hiker Heaven.? Of course,?the PCTA is the primer organization to protect the trail.? Their Trail Fest is a great event.? I can say this as a former guest speaker.? Her activities are a lot more important than?some singing foolishness down at the Kickoff.? Lightning Rod has her priorities right and we should all support her to keep her nose to the grind stone, as they say.? I certainly know I am and you should too.? Trail protection and hosting activities are more important than goofing off at the Kickoff and having copious amounts of fun.

I just thought of something.? Since, since I am under no contractual obligation to sing (the?L-Rod presence requirement makes it null and void), I will do the right thing.? I am cool.? I will demo my world famous?turning one pint of water into one liter of water.??Then I will follow that up with my dehydrated water demonstration.

What this means in practical terms is that you might be able to get to Canada on?about 4 ounces of water.??That should get you there.? No circling the drain on a hot and dusty trail with parched lips and tongue for you.