[pct-l] Trailjournaling device recommendations?

Charles W. Davidson chaseat99 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:45:21 CDT 2009

Adam,
      You may want to try postholer.com. You simply email your journals with a picture attached. That should work with any email. I use an AT&T Tilt and can edit or upload additional photo's with Opera browser or Pocket IE from my phone or of course from any PC.
      I like the Tilt because it runs Windows Mobile 6 and there are tons of applications available. I have Street Atlas hand held loaded. With the built in GPS, all the Topo maps of the PCT (thanks 30-30) and I think it was Halfmiles or Thanks to whom ever provided the file of 1084.gpx file of water holes and trail crossings. I had to convert the 1084.gpx file to 1084 individual xx.wpt waypoint files to be compatible with the Hand Held program. If anyone needs the files I can email the small zip file. Reason for choice over the Iphone, removable battery $16. each, removable micro SD chip (8 GB cost about $20 now) and a real GPS.

chase

From: Adam Canter

I just got a Verizon ENV2 and can't upload to T.J. because it is not cookie compatable.  Does anyone have experience with this device, uploading pics, etc.

Are there any recommended phones other than a Blackberry for journaling while out on the trail.  Do most people send to a personal site/email and then have someone off trail post on T.J.?

What is a common way to upload pics while on the trail?

Thanks

hemlock muppet

--
My Journal http://postholer.com/chaseat99