[pct-l] Re Steri-Pen (sucK!)

Charles W. Davidson chaseat99 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:24:19 CDT 2009

Yup ya got to wonder about anything that so many people have had trouble
with. I really do not like the idea that it needs to be warmed to 32*
before use. You may as well be sleeping with a frozen pump. I used a
pump once. Mailed it home at the first PO I got to. I do enjoy traveling
more in the winter than summer so we will see how this thing works out
for me.

chase

Adam Canter wrote:
> Steripen's suck.  I lost countless dollars to that company on the A.T. in 2005.  Batteries didn't last, all kinds, even if I slept with then b/tw my butt cheaks.  The manager was not helpful or friendly.  I think that the only option is the solar charger which is more $ and gear.  We eventually just returned to our old Katadyn Hiker pump, a classic craftsman of water purification.
>
> I think they (steripens) are good for warm climates and international travel, but can be a tecnho pain on a long distance hike.  I'm sticking with my pump this year on the PCT.
>
> THM

<snip>

--
My Journal http://postholer.com/chaseat99