[pct-l] Sobo Ashland to Tahoe - timing

Pat Megowan patmegowan at comcast.net
Tue Mar 24 23:14:46 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Anyone w/comments on what one might face going Sobo from Ashland starting in
the range of June 1 to about July 1? I'm primarily curious about issues in
Northern Cal during this time period - killer fords, extensive snow,
blowdown, or other trail condition and navigational issues, water in the Hat
Creek area, or even uniquely ferocious mosquitoes. Just as curious about
possible upsides relative to the usual timing for thru walkers - flowers,
temps, water availability/quality, you name it.

By the time I reach the Sierras I'm familiar with the issues, and would
probably call it a good summer thousand at Kennedy Mdws, so SoCal is not an
issue.

Many thanks!

Pat