[pct-l] I know it may be hard to believe but "Walked" is nowavailable

Dave and Cindy hikeon at surewest.net
Tue Mar 24 20:36:29 CDT 2009

Hey Scott,
Can we pick one up at Trailfest?
Thanks,
Zelda
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Herriott" <yetifan at yahoo.com>
To: <pct-l at backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:57 PM
Subject: [pct-l] I know it may be hard to believe but "Walked" is
nowavailable

Yes, "Walked", follow up to "Walk", "Still Walking" & the oh-so creatively
titled "Even More Walking", is now available at www.walkpct.com. It covers
my misadventures, shenanigans & general folderol on and around the PCT in
'07 & '08 as I attempted to finish the 1,700 miles I had yet to hike of it.
Oh, and there's some purty scenery and, as expected, some riveting Bigfoot
discussion. Also, 8 1/2 minutes of Extras! I'm Paypal-ready, willing to take
money orders and open to bartering if it involves precious metals.
Also, I just got off the phone with Obama. He says to buy it or imminent
economic collapse is probable.

- Until the end of April, 20% of all proceeds will be
donated to the PCTA.

- All 4 DVDs are going for the Recession and/or Depression fighting cost of
$45
 (includes S & H).

- Any three are going for $35 (includes S & H)

- Any two are going for
 $25 (includes S & H)

- Any single DVD is $15 (includes S & H)

Many, many thanks to all those who partook and contributed to
this and the other projects the last five years. It's truly been a blessing
and a curse.

For those interested, below are lists of...

1) Those who appear and speak in the film

2) New places/chunks visited

3) Places revisited

'07ers who appear and speak in the film

A-Train
Andersons, The (Joe Daddy & Terri)
Captain America
Cloudspotter
Diesel
Easy Mac
Filthy Figaro
Gazelle
Geek
Girlscout
Hammer
Heitmans, The (Firefly & Firewalker)
Iceman
Jesper from the Netherlands
L-Rod Saufley (Buzzsaw in a riveting two
 second B-roll chunk)
Mr. Fusion
Munchkin
Nabor J
NITRO
Noodleheads, The (Angelhair & Rigatoni...Easy Mac also a Noodlehead)
Oblivious & Troll (Son & Father)
Old Corpus
Out of Order
Owner Jim (of VVR)
Nafta
Pink Gumby
Potential 178
Rizzo
Roni from Israel
Roy the Cook (VVR)
Sandals
Scout & Frodo
Snowman
Speedstick
Splash
Stomp
Stormin' Norman
Tattoo Joe
Teatree
Tourist
Warner Springs Monty

Those from '08 who appear and speak in the film

Argues with Tractor
Bewildered
Bob from Hikertown
Brian (he of Australian origin and compression tights)
Boondock
Boone
Casey (the smart, spiritual businessman)
Cornstomper
Coyote
Cuppa Joe
Dandy
Dave (of Team Bad Wizard)
Deer Hunter (not a trailname, actual deer hunter)
Detour (returning from '06 for another crack at a
 thru)
Dinsmores, The (Andrea & Jerry)
Dogwood
Ed (owner of the Nature's Inn in Big Bear City)
Fester
Fireman
Fire Tongue & Nel
Forager
Germanator
Godfrey (owner of house near Snow Creek fountain)
Gypsylulu
Hardcore
Head N' Out
Hippie Longstockings
H.R. Huff N' Puff
Jeff (he of a bee stung adam's apple)
Jeff (he of a near miss by a bowhunter)
Jellybean (lime green variety)
Jellybean & Carbo
JB
Jeremy (of Jeremy & Serena)
Jester
Jessica (she of, well, you'll see)
Laminay Trap (party animal spelled backwards)
Lil' Wrangler
Lorenzo (from Italy)
Mainesail
Makela (fiancee was hiking the trail)
Michelle (friend of Makela)
Mr. Breezeway
Moonshine & Tigerlily
Nanuq
Onion, The
Patch
Pickaxe Axe (he of studly trail maintenance work over the years)
Pickles
Razor
Ratatouille
Rubix
Scott Williamson (new kid out there, has
 potential)
Sew & Sew (Sew Jo & Sew Ann)
Shake N' Bake
Sheltowee
Six Toes
Slick B
Sloth
Sly
Snow Kittens
S.O.L.
Spaceman Spiff
Sparky
Sweet Pea
Tahoe Mike
Tailwinds
Tex
Three Amigos, The
Tractor - Kennedy Meadows local & Lon Chaney Sr. lookalike
Trooper
Tugboat
Turbo
Turtle Don
Vanity Fair & Windbreaker (mother & daughter)
Wandering Hippie
Wing It
Yeti (no relation)

New places/chunks hiked & visited

Ashland
Ashland > Crater Lake
Big Bear City > I-10
Black Mountain Rd. > I-10
Castella > Burney Falls
Crystal Lake Fish Hatchery
Echo Lake > Donner Pass
Elk Lake resort > Crater Lake
Hikertown
Idyllwild > Pines to Palms Hwy. (including a brief cameo by the Paradise
Corner Cafe)
Independence > Mammoth Lakes
Kennedy
 Meadows
Kickoff '08
Mammoth Lakes > Piute Pass
 (exited there to Bishop...awesome pass!)
Mammoth Lakes > Tuolomne Meadows
McIver's Cabin (plus riveting song by Yeti & Jeremy about said dwelling)
Mill Creek Station > Agua Dulce
Mill Creek Station > Wrightwood
Mono Lake
Mt. Lassen climb, a.k.a the fnao fnoo/fnoo fnoi expedition
 with
 girlscout, Teatree, et. al.
Mt. San Jacinto (including the top, baby)
Nature's Inn in Big Bear City
Old Station > Burney
Seiad Valley > Ashland
Sonora Pass > Tuolomne Pass
Snoqualmie Pass > White Pass
Stevens Pass > Snoqualmie Pass (the splendiferous Alpine Lakes Wilderness)
Stevens Pass > Canadian border (including riveting blowdown action)
Summit Lodge at Snoqualmie Pass
Tehachapi > Hikertown
Tehachapi >
 Walker Pass