[pct-l] SPOT, Bears, and cats (east coast backpacker)

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 12:54:07 CDT 2009

the SPOT is awesome! some peeps I know used it last year and we tracked them all thru the hike...as soon as I get the money I'm getting one. More for my friends and family than me...only thing is it doesn't get reseption when ur in caves or anything like that so stay out of the bear dens..lol

The bears and cats are more afraid of u than u are of them...just make LOTS of noise...make urself look bigger by holding ur pack over ur head...and give them ur food if they come toward u asking for it..JK. Don't run! This will make them chase u...we're talking cats afterall...as for the bears I couldn't tell u if they chase or not. Never seen one dammit!

patti