[pct-l] Humor - Hiker Golf

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Mar 21 09:48:41 CDT 2009

Yes, once again our intrepid PCT heroes are at the local hiker saloon after a day on the golf course. It is their 19th hole reward after a particularly hard campaign on the course.

Grizzly: Boy, did we have it tough out there today. That was almost as hard as backpacking with the wife. I told my caddie that I was going to drown myself in the lake. He said, "Think you can keep your head down that long?"

Grumpy: You are so right. I told my caddie that I'd move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course. He said, "Try heaven, you've already moved most of the earth."

Gorp: What a day. I asked my caddie if he thought my game was improving. He said, "Yes sir, you miss the ball much closer now."

Switchback: My eyes must be getting worse. I asked my caddie if he thought I could get to the hole with a 5 iron. He said, "Eventually."

Grizzly: Say, I think I have been insulted. I told my caddie that he had to be the worst caddy in the world. He said, "I don't think so sir. That would be too much of a coincidence."

Grumpy: That is nothing. I told my caddie to stop checking his watch all the time. It was too much of a distraction. He said, "It's not a watch, sir - it's a compass."

Gorp: I asked my caddie how he liked my game. He said, "Very good sir, but personally, I prefer golf."

Switchback: Well, my caddie has yours beat. I asked him if he thought it was a sin to play on Sunday. He said, "The way you play, sir, it's a sin on any day."

Grizzly: I think I need a GPS for hiking now. I told my caddie that this was the worst course I've ever played on. He said, "This isn't the golf course. We left that an hour ago."

Grumpy: I say we have another drink. I told my caddie on one hole this can't be my ball, it's too old. He said, "It's been a long time since we teed off, sir."

?
So, we leave our heroes to ponder the meaning of hiking, life and golf at the local hiker saloon.