[pct-l] Ibuprofen or Vitamin I

Brendon Melville brendonmelville at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 20 16:48:25 CDT 2009

After reading the Yogi guide and some journals from last year that thur-hikers are taking lots of Ibuprofen.

I know that Ibuprofen is good for muscle pain and is also anti-inflammatory but is it good to treat Ibprofen like a Vitamin ?  Why are thru-hikers taking so much ?

I ask this questions because I am fighting foot Tendonitis. A problem that I must overcome before the starting the PCT hike. Part of my treatment is taking anti-inflammatory drugs.

When I take these drugs I know I could run eight miles on my foot easy, because they are also masking the pain. But I also know this would be stupid. Taking Ibuprofen on the trail everyday could be masking foot pain for a short time, making the problem worst.

Since I have develop tendonitis, I have change my training for the PCT. Now in the morning I train by watching "Band of brothers" on DVD. Later in the evening I cross train by spending an hour or two on the playstation.

Brendon