[pct-l] Pack Advice

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Mar 19 09:18:16 CDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 10:01 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Re: [pct-l] Pack Advice

It seemed to me that last year most people I met had ULA packs and
were very happy with them. I think a few people had trouble with some
of the seams and had to make field repairs. This is pretty common for
ultralight gear in general, though. You really have to baby your gear.

I, too, have acquired the Gossamer Gear G4 recently. It's a huge
volume of pack, actually too much. I actually do not like having the
pad against my back at all, inside or outside of the mesh panel. It's
extremely sweaty and hot. I've since put my water bladder in the mesh
panel and that feels a lot better.