[pct-l] Snow Course Weather Cancellation - March 20,21,22

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Wed Mar 18 23:18:31 CDT 2009

This weekend's second Snow Course is cancelled due to the impending storm.

(If you were not notified by email this morning to this effect, and you are expecting to attend, this notice is for you. Please contact Ned to clarify your dates of attendance. ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com )

Although the storm is due Friday night, which means we could get into Desolation Wilderness, after two days of huddling inside our tents (and spending the nights clearing snow off them!) while the snow falls, it would not be easy to get out and the avalanche risk would be tremendous!  Therefore, the trip had to be called off. Although all snow experience is valuable, for most who are not savvy with it, one like this would not be so much fun.

The storm is expected to be substantial above 8,000 feet, not unlike the last one which dumped 6-8 feet in the area.

There are still two more Snow Courses scheduled for March 27, 28, 29 and April 3, 4, 5. Check your schedules to see if you can attend one of them instead.

If you want to attend one of the free snow training courses and neither one of the above will work, let me know and I may be able to open up another one in April, say the 17, 18, 19th.

Once again, I am sorry to say this weekend's free Snow Course is cancelled due to the weather.

Ned Tibbits