[pct-l] Screw shoe nutdriver

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Mar 18 13:08:20 CDT 2009

Good morning, Tim,

A spike-tightening tool would probably work, but there is a difference.  The
spike-tool tightens threads once they have been engaged, while to get a
screw to start in resilient rubber it is necessary to push the point firmly
and turn at the same time.  As I recall, the spike tools don’t have a way to
way to push with one’s palm while turning.

It’s so easy, just try any idea or tool at home.

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09