[pct-l] Laces

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Mar 17 20:56:21 CDT 2009

Good evening,

Since I keep my shoes as loose as reasonable my taste in shoe lacing pattern
is pretty plebeian.  I can’t tell any real difference after having tried
different styles many years ago.  I use the very simplest form, except I
usually tie a hard knot between the two laces about half way up to allow the
toe portion to remain loose when I occasionally tighten the upper portion
for a long down-hill stretch.

Once I encountered a character who had installed the laces longitudinally
180 degs. from normal such that the bow was at the toe rather than at the
ankle.  Why, I have no idea….

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09