[pct-l] resupply/volunteers

annieguion at comcast.net annieguion at comcast.net
Tue Mar 17 16:11:45 CDT 2009

I can't say enough good stuff about the death ride.  Josh Nordell (Jaybird, PCT '02) and I did it two years ago, and it was fantastic.  INCREDIBLY well supported ride, in a beautiful area, and generally speaking zero cars to worry about!  The volunteers are awesome.

It intersects the PCT at the top of Ebbets Pass (pass #3 and #4 on the ride) as well as Carson Pass (about 30 or so miles north of Ebbets as the PCT hiker flies).  We didn't see anyone at Ebbets, but we ran into a hiker at Carson (I think we blew his mind when we started asking about very specific details about the route, and he finally figured it out when we asked his trail name).  Reminds me of the guy I saw at Barker Pass wearing a 'Saufley Electric' shirt.  He simply could not figure out how I knew he was a thru hiker.

I'd recommend people volunteer, but I'd pass an even stronger recommendation to do the ride!

******

2nd)? the Free Meal. These guys are looking for volunteers (camper's) as course crew. http://www.deathride.com/volunteer.html

Seems like the kind of thing a PCT'er could appreciate. And a nice chance to take a zero day, with free clothing and meal.

I've yet to check the course vs pct route for crossings, but I'd imagine it's close.The ride is ?7/11/09. May be a fun side attraction.