[pct-l] Items lost on the PCT

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 16 14:57:27 CDT 2009

I have also often found items that were lost along the trail.  Many a time the item found was one that I was aware of, from having spoken to the owner some hours, or the day before.  What I never seem to have is that person's name and or address, phone number or e-mail.  I guess we didn't brother to wright that down and pass it along.

Humm, perhaps we should start carrying a few business type cards with that information on them.  Then when we loose something, we could just write the name of the item on the back of the card and offer the card to hikers we meet who are going the opposite direction.  Hopefully, you won't need very many cards, so it shouldn't weigh too much.  You just might get your item mailed back to you that way.

Of course conducting what I like to call an "Idiot Check" before leaving a rest stop or camp site would help too.  :)

Shepherd