[pct-l] Kennedy Meadows Drop Box

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 15 10:30:46 CDT 2009

Palamino,
Get the Leki Carbide tips that have a round cup pattern.  I bought a set of
these for my Komperdell's in Tuolumne a few years ago and the carbide tips
are still like new ! What is wearing out is the plastic part but I am amazed
how long these are holding up after hundreds of miles on rough trails,
granite, and so forth.  There are both steel and carbide tips out there of
different patterns.  The steel would wear out fast like you note, and the
star pattern carbide I'd avoid also.
Stephen