[pct-l] trail fatalities

Wes Rose wb104475 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 14 00:23:05 CDT 2009

Apart from fatalities, a few dangers to consider along with the other very good contributions are:
1.  getting lost
2.  walking in proximity of automobiles  (aka getting hit by a car)
3.  water and fecal pathogens
4.  Reinhold Metzger if you're a female
5.  Overnight stays at Casa Luna  (the Bermuda Triangle of the PCT)

I'm sensing a new catagory for the FAQ list on Postholer.com!

Will M jalan04 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 19:10:46 CDT 2009

  a.. Previous message: [pct-l] trail fatalities
  b.. Next message: [pct-l] trail fatalities
  c.. Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]

I'm planning on doing a short talk on Thru-Hiking at work next month and was
just thinking about what the 5 most dangerous aspects of thru hiking are.
I'm looking for input but in no particular order I have hypothermia,
falling, river crossings, heart attacks, dehydration, rattlesnakes.  I'm
guessing most non-hikers would list bears but I don't think they belong in
the top five.  Any thought s on this.