[pct-l] Shoes...How is everyone doing the shoes thing?

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Thu Mar 12 11:40:27 CDT 2009

 >And there's always the Internet if you can ship your
>shoes to a real address.

Actually we have had good luck buying shoes online (REI and Zappos.com) and
having them shipped to a General Delivery Post Office address. One thing we
learned is to be specific that they use USPS and not UPS to deliver to the
Post Office. When they are ready to commit the order, ask them to read the
delivery address back to you again.

One interesting mishap with this was on the northern AT. The address was
General Delivery, but the box turned up at the General Store. Seems the
owner of the General Store was related to the Postmaster so we found the box
pretty quickly.

Ken
www GottaWalk com