[pct-l] The parental aspect of hiking

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Thu Mar 12 05:38:24 CDT 2009

Sasha,

    It wasn't totally clear, from the way your post was  written, whether
you're the parent or the minor, and you didn't say if you have  your parents'
permission to go hike. You did say you wanted to hike the  PCT. I'd just make
sure you have a written letter of consent, signed by both  parents, with you at
all times.
    I can't really help you talk your friend's parents  into it, but I've
always felt it was a valuable thing for someone just out of  high school, or
college, to do. To me, it would look very good on a resume,  from a discipline
point of view. It is a life changing experience, and far  less dangerous than
driving down any highway in the country.

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
Naturalized Citizen - Republic of  Texas

Government cripples you, then hands you a crutch and says, 'See, if  it
wasn't for us, you couldn't walk.'
-- Harry Browne

"If you think  health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs
when its free."
-- P. J. ORourke

In a message dated 3/11/2009 10:49:44 P.M. Central Daylight Time,