[pct-l] denied entry to canada

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Wed Mar 11 14:19:01 CDT 2009

The PCT ends at the US/Canadian border at Monument 78. It does not go into Canada although most hikers do.

>From there, another trail continues north for 7 miles, ending at Highway 3. You turn left and walk almost a mile west to Manning Park Lodge, from which you can catch a bus into Vancouver BC for your return home.

Your non-Canadian entry alternative would be to retrace your steps to either Harts Pass (39 miles) or Rainy Pass (69 miles) and you'd still have to hitch from either location. Your first real public transportation opportunity is all the way back in Steheken.