[pct-l] Getting off the trail at Lone Pine

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Tue Mar 10 16:17:50 CDT 2009

Just for completeness, there is a third trail to Horseshoe Meadows. Mulkey
Pass is 1.5 miles before you get to Trail Pass. I have walked all the trails
mentioned. Of the three to Horseshoe Meadows, Cottonwood is the steepest,
but it is downhill. Mulkey and Trail are comparable. I agree with the pros
and cons given with regard to Horseshoe Meadows vs. Whitney Portal.

Pieces