[pct-l] Getting off the trail at Lone Pine

Scott Herriott yetifan at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 14:41:39 CDT 2009

Will queried:

<What's the easiest way to get to Lone Pine from the trail?

Via Trail Pass down to Horseshoe Meadows.  Or, if you want to get the 4.8 miles between Trail Pass and Cottonwood Pass under your belt, you
can get to Horseshoe Meadows from there as well.

<... Is there any point I could possibly hitch
to Lone Pine from close to the trail or will I need to walk the 24 + miles?>

You should be able to get a ride from the parking lot at Horseshoe Meadows that time of year. It may take awhile, but if the timing works out that you get there on a weekend, you'll have a better chance of scoring a ride quicker.

Squatch
www.walkpct.com