[pct-l] Dr. Bronner's Soap

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Mar 10 09:43:38 CDT 2009

On Mar 9, 2009, at 11:27 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Dr. Bronner's Soap
I have never tasted Dr. Bronners and do not plan to. There's pairing
down your gear and then there's a line where it becomes too close to
prison life.

If toothpaste is too heavy, go without. You actually don't need
anything to brush your teeth except the toothbrush. Finish up with
floss and you're teeth will be clean enough.

I did not have any soap last year. Around northern California I
started to want soap. It's hot and dusty up there. Sometimes you can
find a shower without a hotel, but without soap, it does little good.

I was thinking about bringing some patchouli. Would people be
offended? Sometimes I get really tired of the way I smell.