[pct-l] Dr. Bronner's Soap

Nia Schmald nschmald1 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 00:00:10 CDT 2009

All right, someone needs to stand up for the honor Dr. B toothpaste.  :)

I've been doing this for 10 years now and think it works just fine.  The
key for me is to use very little soap, less then 1 eye dropper drop that
I apply to my brush.  Then take a half swig of water, and hold that in
my mouth while I brush.  The water mixes with the soap and tastes just
mildly of peppermint.  Minty fresh and one less item in my pack.

Besides is anyone really going to dehydrate Ivory soap on a thru-hike?

The key with Dr. Bronner's is to use very little as it is highly
concentrated.  One drop is enough for most jobs.  Five drops is enough
for a total body wash.  One drop from the original bottle is more like 4
eye dropper drops.

Just my 2c,
Giggles