[pct-l] Jetboil - if it won't light

Jereen Anderson jereenanderson at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 8 15:13:28 CDT 2009

From: MendoRider/Ed
I posted earlier today. I stated that overtightening the stove onto the canister might stop it from igniting. I recalled that, during my PCT ride, on 2 or 3 occasions, when it did not light I discovered that I had tightened it too much. It lit when I backed it off a little. After posting this morning I went down to the barn and dug out my Jetboil from my saddlebags and tried to light it with my normal "not too tight" assembly. It lit right off. I then overtightened it. It lit just as easily. I tightened it more and it still lit immediately. I last used that stove at Minni Scott Spring to cook breakfast on August 17 of last year, my last day before I quit the trail to go home and help plan my daughters wedding. Minne Scott Spring is just south of McKenzie Pass, Oregon. Not over tightening had made a difference during my PCT ride,on one occasion slightly bending the igniter seemed to solve the problem. When I return to the trail in July I will be using the
 same stove - because it is so easy to light - and it is also very parsimonious in its use of fuel.