[pct-l] Good News & Bad News

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Sun Mar 8 08:43:56 CDT 2009

> The bad news.......there are tons of snow in the Sierra.
> Of course that is good news for ''ski bums'' like me but bad news for
> ''hiker trash'' like you.

It's still too early to tell what Sierra conditions the '09 thrus will have - so,
please, quit using the friendly "scare tactics"...
Snow water content is still below average (see
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/products/PLOT_SWC.2009.pdf)...
Sierra conditions for thrus will depend more on the amount of future snow fall in
March and April, plus the temperature trend for April and May - not the current
Mammoth skiing conditions...
Whether the rest of March and April is similar to the 2005-06 trace or the 2007-08
trace is yet to be seen - and June is still a long way off...

Happy trails!!!
Jim / PITA