[pct-l] Death on Trail

garrett at garrettcotham.com garrett at garrettcotham.com
Wed Mar 4 12:49:28 CST 2009

Thank you Stone Dancer. I had the privilege of meeting and hiking with
Ray for several days in 2005 through part of Washington. It was at a
time when I was both physically and mentally exhausted, and in quite a
bit of pain. Ray's spirited attitude and positive outlook helped me to
focus and continue on with my hike, something that I will be forever
grateful for. I greatly admired his resolve, coming back to the trail
each year after several years of setbacks. Ray was the kind of person
who you can tell had incredible insights and a great intellect, yet
was never above learning whatever he could from any source he could
find. I will always remember Ray with great fondness and truly cherish
the short amount of time that I was lucky enought to spend with him. I
look forward to reading the book. I am sure that Ray's words will be
helping hikers and adventurers, as they helped me, for generations to
come. Thank you for keeping his memory alive.

Ducky