[pct-l] altimeters, necessary?

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Wed Mar 4 11:54:26 CST 2009

Phil & company,

This is what I promote, the adventure, the leisure, the camp life, the challenge, the sensations, the way of life altogether. I enter the mountains with an embrace and a "Hello." For me it is an opportunity to absorb and learn from an ancient rhythm that cries to get out from my very soul. I go slow so I can pay attention to the Teacher, both around and in me. The camp life is one of relaxation, reflection, laughter, and stories from the trail told around dinner and a glowing sunset. On rainy or snowy days, we stay in-tent and play cards or read a good book.

My advise for all mountain travelers, take the time to ponder, wonder, and be amazed at all before you, whether you're on a peak or in the valley, in a misty forest fog or beside glimmering, snow-laden pines in the open sunshine after a storm with the world at your feet. Know why you're there. Remember who you are!

We choose to leave society for the trail for various individual reasons.

Mtnned