[pct-l] How many '09 hikers?

Ikem Freeman ikem.freeman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 01:34:58 CST 2009

Hello everyone. I have a simple question: What's anyone's guess for how many
thru-hikers there will be this year?

I know it's still early, but I'm hoping to convince some new friends to join
me in some trail magic here in Sisters, Oregon for the Class of '09. With
the ecomony in a downturn, what's anyone's guess? Will there be more hikers
than normal (out of work ... couldn't be a better time to hike the trail!)
Does the chatter on this list seem to indicate: a) more than normal b) about
the same as last year or c) below normal.

I hope a lot of readers will chime in on this.

O. Ikem Sofar