[pct-l] OR-A and poison oak

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 29 23:26:11 CDT 2009

After having just hiked Oregon Section A, I have a grave duty of reporting much poison oak.  The southernmost couple of miles are a veritable gauntlet.  I had to slalom around it a lot of the time and had to constantly focus to avoid touching any.  At one point, just downhill of Fern Spring (where there are a few HUGE Woodwardia fimbriata), I practically had to do one of those laser-beam dances like one sees in spy movies to get around some of it.  So if there are any enterprising trail crew types who might be looking for a good way to take one for the team, taking care of this stuff would be at least as valuable as clearing blow-downs.

-Nathan Miller
Newberg, OR