[pct-l] PCT Camp Shoes

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 18:04:27 CDT 2009

Doctor Can'tQuit writes: Snappy and Switchback: FYI:? Ballet slippers make great camp shoes.? They weigh nothing and can be stuffed into any small pocket of your pack.? Shall I send you both a pink pair to enhance your fashion conscious image on the trail?? :)?? /cq
Switchback the Trail Pirate replies: That's just what I need.? A pair of pink ballet slippers at the end of a long day banging down the trail.? All the other backpackers will think I am a real dandy.? I come in off the trail with my booty and captives for auction and then set up camp and put on my slippers.? How nice.? How sweet.? How dainty.? How cute.? How modern.

This is obliviously something for Snappy Reinhold.? He is a fashion plate in the outdoors.? He is known in the Mammoth ski area as a real looker with his color coordinated ski outfits.? A different one for everyday of the week.? He is partial to pale yellow with bright pink flowers?trim.? I on the other hand am?snowboarder trash.? I sneak up on people like Snappy and spray them with snow and then disappear in a flash.? Just like my PCT trail exploits.