[pct-l] JMT permits

Josh 559josh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 12:42:38 CDT 2009

Huh???  As opposed to what???

-----Original Message-----
From: wctrekker at dslextreme.com [mailto:wctrekker at dslextreme.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 7:24 AM
To: Josh
Subject: Re: [pct-l] JMT permits

Isn't it easier to just get a permit?
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh <559josh at gmail.com>

Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 21:29:47
To: 'Ann Marie'<dbanmrkr at yahoo.com>
Cc: <pct-l at backcountry.net>

2 things:
1) If U got to Yosemite the night b4 & are 1st in line @ the Wilderness
Office @ Yosemite Village, UR be 100% sure to get a permit.  So that's
really the way to go.
2) NO, there's no Ranger checking Permits @ the Trailheads or anything like
that...I've hiked for days and even weeks at a time and not seen a ranger at
all...another possible option, is to get a permit to stay in one of the HSC
btwn Happy Isles & Tuolumne and try to get one from there at opening.

I too would be interested in knowing what type of fine or punishment there
is for NOT having a permit.

One reminder, make sure U have an Approved Bear Canister with U because they
will NOT issue U a same day without one.

Josh