[pct-l] hiking the John Muir Trail

Josh 559josh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 15:09:28 CDT 2009

Zoli,
I agree that a 16mi day on that section of the trail is most def a rigorous
pace.  I've done a couple 20 & 25mi days on that section, but not
consistently from one end to the other with only 1 down day.  IT MOST DEF
CAN be done, but if U just came up with 14 days cuz it looks good on paper,
I'd def recommend taking a few hikes in the backcountry of Yosemite or
Sequoia or King Canyon to get a feel for a 16mi day with a 30# pack at the
8000+ ft elevation cuz "On Paper" and "on Foot" are 2 very different things.

Josh