[pct-l] Trail Conditions by Pinchot Pass / Miso High King sightings

Chuck Burmer chuckburmer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 13:33:09 CDT 2009

Looking for any info on the trail (JMT/PCT) by Pinchot Pass around the base
of Mt Cedric Wright. Water crossings, deep snow etc. Haven't had a check in
from Manblade AKA  Miso High King in over 24hrs. I'm not worried yet just
wonder what the trail is like. From the tracker (SPOT) It shows sunday they
went to about the base of Mt Cerdric Wright, stayed for a while, then on
Monday it shows them backtracking with the last check in at noon yesterday.
Batteries in the SPOT might be dead. He is hiking with our 14 yr old son.
With no phone or sat tracking I can't tell if he's headed for Bishop or back
to roads end in Kings Canyon. Again, this IS NOT an emergency!! They both
have skills, I'm sure they are fine! I have just been spoiled with the
tracker knowing his every move since Campos and being able to predict where
he will be. He is signing registers as Miso High King. Any info on trail
conditions in that area or sightings of the two would be appreciated.
Your Mom