[pct-l] best time for section F?

Janet Grossman janetgr at cableone.net
Mon Jun 22 19:25:18 CDT 2009

The guidebook says the best time to do section F between Hwy 58 and Kennedy Meadows is "early- to mid spring or mid- to late fall." When I did section E in early March, it was too early/cold/snowy to do section F. Can anyone tell me when would usually be mid- to late-fall there? I'm thinking some part of September or maybe October, don't want to freeze at night or roast too much during the day. And of course available water would be good. Thanks for any advice.
Janet