[pct-l] RE. smelling the roses...

joseph kisner lostonthecrest at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 22:17:24 CDT 2009

As my friends are traversing the trail at record paces, I can not help from dreaming of being there with them. When I get a call from Scott, I know exactly where he is calling from. I can, in my mind walk ahead, see every turn, gaze upon every hill, mountain, and valley. I can do the math in my head and predict when they get to the next water, town and road. All this without a book. I can see the trees, boulders, my old camp sites and predict where they will bed down. And I can do this all the way to Canada. When I analyze this, I find it absolutely amazing. Knowing a simple footpath with so much intimacy, that you can remember every nook and crannie. Some call it smelling the roses, but it is far more absorbing than that, the love that these guys have for this trail, is nothing less than Grand. They all have love ones at home, live on small budgets all year, and sacrafice it all to be where they are. Good luck my friends, a piece of me will be with you guys to the end... Joe Kisner  aka..tatu-jo