[pct-l] looking for options to get to Ashland

Kent Spring kjssail at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 13:36:14 CDT 2009

Hi Larry -

The easiest way to get to Ashland is the Greyhound which goes to Medford, and then take the local bus to Ashland.   That leaves you about 10 miles short of the PCT, but that is a relatively easy hitch.  Local bus #10 can be boarded about a block from the Greyhound station in Medford, and it will drop you in downtown Ashland for $2.

Also, you can rent a car one way from Portland to Ashland. One rent-a-car business that will do this is Enterprise.

Thirdly, I have a friend in Portland who commutes to work in Ashland regularly, and if you contact me off-list, I will contact him.  Make sure you give me a phone number if you are interested in this last option.

see you on the PCT, Kent