[pct-l] Bear cannisters

meghan west meghan.west at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:54:22 CDT 2009

another option that my partner and I did last year was to carry one big one
and one little one.  We carried 1 big one until Kearsarge Pass, but couldn't
do just that for the second leg through the Sierra.  The 1 and 1/2 worked
well for us, since we seem to need a lot of food to keep moving.  Also, if
you are going out Kearsarge to Bishop, you might be able to carry one until
then and then pick up a small one in Bishop for the longer haul (I think
it's a bit longer) to VVR or Mammoth.
-Bling